Patient Transition & Post Surgical Care
The Post-Surgical Patient Transitioning Home
The post-surgical patient requires regular observation and care in the critical days and weeks following a hospital discharge. This is not only critical to the healing process but to insure re-admission to the hospital does not occur.
While a friend or family member may have the best intentions when deciding to provide care giving services for a loved one, the burden is often too great for the untrained caregiver.
Home healthcare agencies like Care Right There have professionally trained and compassionate caregivers available to provide post-hospitalization care. We pride ourselves in being able to provide expert planning and coordination to help your loved ones transition from the hospital and begin recovery at home.
Care Right There Home Healthcare is able to provide appropriate care and in-home support services whenever you need it. All our services are developed with the flexibility to adapt to your needs until your ability to function improves and you are able to be independent again.
Some of the tasks we can assist you with include:
- Intensive support following illness or injury
- Transport assistance
- Domestic support
- Personal care
From your first contact with Care Right There Home Healthcare, we will discuss the type of support you require and will then arrange a a FREE IN-HOME, CALL OR FACILITY ASSESSMENT to complete an individual service plan that fits in with the natural care that is already provided by family or those living in the home with them. After the assessment, a caregiver or nurse will be allocated to you and will start providing your care.
Our team of caregivers and health care professionals have extensive knowledge and experience in helping people after surgery and during rehabilitation. They will come into your home to provide care and assistance that is tailored specifically to your needs.
How Transition Works
- Guidance through the discharge process that provides a seamless transition home and promotes effective rehabilitation at home.
- A consultation and personalized home healthcare plan developed over the telephone or in person, based on your preference.
- A professionally trained caregiver who will meet you and your family in the hospital, in the facility or at home to support the initial transition.
- Support with home safety needs which includes recommendations about equipment and home safety modifications to support your recovery.
- Device, Electronic or Internet Portal application awareness and education upon request.
- Ongoing support with errands, grocery shopping, prescription pick-up, housekeeping and other physical activities that may be too challenging for a recently discharged patient.
- Physical assistance with activities of daily living including bathing, grooming, feeding, mobility, transferring based on what is required by the patient and ordered by the doctor.
- Meal preparation based on your loved ones specific dietary needs. We focus on a healthy, balanced nutritional diet plan that is aligned with your physicians recommendations.
- Medication reminders, assistance with therapy regiment, rehabilitation exercise prompts, physical and emotional support and companionship throughout the recovery process.
- Transportation to rehabilitation sessions, doctor appointments and personal events.
- Access to the Family Portal so that your loved ones are ALWAYS up to date on the status of you or your loved one’s care. Family Portal Access can be given to a physician or anyone else that is designated as part of the healthcare plan.
The first 72 hours at home are critical for post-hospitalization patients. The patient and family must make lifestyle adjustments no matter how comprehensive the discharge plan may be. The patient often feels fatigued and family members can feel confused or helpless.
Our caregivers are here to help manage the transition and help you on the path toward a successful recovery in the comfort of home.
To Schedule Your Free Assessment Call Our Office at 856-244-7722