Website Care Right There
The Registered Nurse will be responsible for providing nursing care in accordance with the patient’s plan of care to include comprehensive health and psychosocial evaluation, monitoring of the patient’s condition, health promotion and prevention coordination of services, teaching and training of aides, managing quality issues on the field, getting out into our fabulous network side by side with ownership to establish trust among our peers and the consumers in our community, to provide white glove service to those in need, to have fun while doing all of it and to really be a part of a family that nurtures one another and grows together.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates total patient care by conduction comprehensive health and psychosocial evaluation, monitoring the patients’ condition, promoting sound preventive practices, coordinating services and teaching and training activities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing service to the patient and family on an ongoing basis
- Performs new client intake/admissions, transfers, re-certification, resumption of care and discharge paperwork for the home care patient.
- Prepares and presents patient’s record to the Clinical Record Review Committee as indicated.
- Consults with the attending physician concerning alterations of Patient Care Plans, checks with the appropriate supervisor and makes changes, as appropriate when applicable (home health)
- Coordinates patient services.
- Submits clinical notes no less often than weekly, and progress notes another clinical record forms outlining the services rendered as indicated.
- Submits a tally of patient care visits made each day.
- Participates in case conferences, discusses with the supervisor problems concerning the patients and how they may best be handled.
- Discusses with the appropriate supervisor the need for the involvement of other members of the health team
- Obtains orders for paraprofessional service and submits a referral to the appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the patients discharge planning process.
- Cooperates with other agencies providing nursing or related services to provide continuity of are and to implement a comprehensive care plan.
- Participates in staff development meetings
- Continually strives to improve his/her nursing care skills by attending in-service education, through formal education, attendance at workshops, conference, active participation in professional an related organization an individual research and reading.
- Work with Executive Team to create presentations, develop, present and execute campaigns for marketing to Physician offices, ALFs and Sub Acute Rehab Facilities that we target
- Attend Networking and Health Care Meetings and Events when available.
- Assist the Executive Team in preparing for Accreditation Survey.
- Maintains an on-going knowledge of current drug therapy.
- Adheres to Federal, NJ state and accreditation requirements.
Coordinates the Admission of a Patient to the Firm
- Conducts an initial an ongoing comprehensive assessment of the patient’s need at appropriate time frames.
- Obtains a medical history fro the patient and/or a family member particularly as it relates to the present condition.
- Conducts a physical examination of the patient, including vital signs, physical assessment, mental status, appetite an type of diet, et.
- Evaluates the patient, family member(s) and home situation to determine what health teaching will be required.
- Evaluates the patient’s environment to determine what assistance will be available from family members in caring for the patient.
- Evaluates the patient’s condition and home situation to determine if the services of a HHHA will be required and the frequency of the services.
- Explains nursing and other Firm services to patients and families as a part of the planning for care.
- Develops and implements the nursing care plan.
- May be requested by the ON to fill in for other nurses who are on vacation or sick
Assumes Responsibility for the Care Given by the CHHHA
- Supervises and evaluates the care given by the CHHHAs per Firm’s policy.
- Submits to the appropriate department/individual a written evaluation of the Aides who are providing service to the patient in his/her geographical area.
- Participates in periodic conference with Aide supervisor concerning the Aid’s performance.
- Charts those services rendered to the patient by the staff nurse and changes that have been noted in the patient’s condition and /or family an home situation, makes revisions in the nursing care plan as needed, records supervisory visits conducted with the CHHHA, evaluates patient care and progress and closes charts of discharging patients.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of his/her nursing service to the individual and family.
- Consults with the attending physician concerning alteration of the plan of treatment in consultation with the supervisor.
- Submits clinical notes no less often than weekly, and progress notes and other clinical record form outlining the services rendered as indicated.
- Submits a tally of visits made that day
- Participates in case conferences
- Discusses with the supervisor problems concerning the patients and possible resolution
- Discusses with the supervisor the need for involvement of other members of the health team such as the home health aide, physical therapist, speech therapist, occupational therapist, social worker, etc.
- Obtains orders for paraprofessional service san submits referral to appropriate personnel
- Provides guidance and supervision to the LPN an supervises the LPN per Firm policy
- Coordinates total patient care.
- Cooperates with other agencies providing nursing or related services to provide continuity of care and to implement a comprehensive care plan
- Participates in staff development meetings
- Participates in the educational experiences for student nurses
- Continually strives to improve his/her nursing care by attending in-service education, through formal education, attendance at workshops, conference goals setting, active participation in professional and related organization and individual research and reading. Participates in the panning, operation and evaluation of the nursing services.
- Participates in the development and periodic revision of the physician’s Plan of Treatment and processes to change orders as needed.
- Participates in the patient’s discharge planning
- Maintains an on-going knowledge of current drug therapy
- Prepares the care plan for CHHHA
- A Registered Nurse licensed in New Jersey with education and community health nursing experience and progressive management experience in community health nursing.
- Must have at least two (2) years of nursing experience, on of which has been preferably community health experience.
- Ability to use PC, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred.
- Must have & pass a Level II background check.
- Must have current CPR certification
To apply for this job email your details to Info@carerightthere.com