Website Care Right There
Certified Homemaker Home Health Aides / CNA with HHA Bridge License
Care Right There is NOW HIRING for Gloucester, Atlantic, Burlington, Camden and Salem Counties.
The CHHHA Summary
The Certified Homemaker Home Health Aide (CHHHA) provides personal care and homemaking services essential to the patient’s health care. They provide comfort at home under the direction, instruction and supervision of a Registered Nurse which includes shopping, errands, laundry, meal planning/preparation, serving meals, child care and assisting the patient with ADLs. Services are provided within the client’s home, hospital, and/or long term care facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows the plan of care to provide safe, competent care to the patient.
- Helps the patient to maintain good personal hygiene and assists in maintaining a healthful, safe environment.
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals, markets when instructed to do so by the nurse.
- Assists the patient with ambulation as ordered by the physician while approved and supervised by the nurse.
- Assists the therapy personnel as needed with rehabilitative process.
- Encourages the patient to become as independent as possible according to the service or nursing care plan
- Attempts to promote patient’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest
- Informs staff coordinator of any changes in assignment
- Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the patient and other members of the household, establishes a relationship with patient and family which gains rapport, trust and confidentiality.
- Immediately reports any change in the patient’s mental or physical condition or in-home situation to the staff nurse or to the Aide supervisor.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment for the patient and as instructed by the professional nurse.
- Prepares a weekly activity sheet visit report promptly and incorporates same in the clinical record.
Confirms on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visit so that other necessary visits by staff members can be coordinated.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent preferred.
- Must have completed a homemaker home health aide training program approved by the NJ Board of Nursing and shall be certified by the Board and provide evidence of certification.
- CPR Certification (optional but preferred)
- Must be able to pass Level II background check and drug screening.
- Proof Of US Citizenship or ability to work in the US
- Valid Photo ID or Driver’s License
- Own Vehicle preferred but not required (case by case)
- 2-Step PPD/MMR/Recent Physical
- Ability to speak clear English
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.