Website Care Right There
In the absence of the DON, undertakes the Director of Nursing duties in accordance with policies and standards established by the Governing Body, and under the direct supervision of the Administrator, assist with the planning, coordination, leading, controlling and evaluation of home health services. The Alternate is responsible for coordination and liaison with appropriate parent and affiliate Departments and committees development of policies and guidelines for and obtaining input from service personnel and providing professional input to relative administrative systems. The Alternate directs and supervises professional and auxiliary personnel rendering patient care services, performs marketing duties and fosters public relations for the company, consults and plans with health care facilities regarding staffing needs and communicates the concept of quality patient care to the general community. Interprets service needs to the Administrator and acts as a patient services administrative liaison.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates with the Administrator and the Governing Board in the formulation of a business plan, ie., strategic goals, resource allocation plans) and a yearly budget.
- Consults , plans and works with the Administrator in policy formulation and programmatic development and implementation including assessing adequate and appropriate staffing.
- Coordinates with Administrator planning activities to develop administrative policies and practices for the Agency.
- Consults with supervisor and staff, individually or in groups, regarding patients or families, special programs or service programs.
- Evaluates the program, service and field personnel.
- Directs the implementation of service goals and objectives.
- Develops standards that ensure safe and effective services to patients and families
- Establishes job functions, qualifications and job descriptions for each service staff (direct and supervisory).
- Establishes and maintains effective channels of communication.
- Keeps program personnel up to date with state of the art clinical information and practices staff development including orientation, in-service education and continuing education.
- Maintains policy and procedure manuals and updates procedures and job description as polices and procedures change.
- Directs staff in performance of their duties.
- Oversees the implementation and evaluation of patient care services inclusive of regulatory licensure and certification criteria and accreditation standards
- Coordinates with other program areas and senior management appropriate according to the organizational structure.
- Acts as liaison with Staff Development for program areas.
- Assesses appropriate staff supervision during all service hours.
- Collaborates in the development of an effective and efficient patient care documentation system including statistical compilation and analysis relative to cost and staff service delivery.
- Participates in selected orientation programs.
- Keeps staff informed of Firm developments, needs, etc and encourages their participation in problem solving at the organization and community levels.
- Assist in the evaluation of community needs and plans programs and services to meet identified needs.
- Submits formal written proposals to Administrator for all new programs or service (with complete cost/benefit analysis)
- Oversees all CQI and utilization review activities
- Assists in Firm evaluation activities.
- Participates in selective conferences and workshops to promote knowledge in community health trends, efficiency in job performances over all professional growth.
- Participates with other health, civic, educational and professional groups as directed by the Administrator and Executive Director.
- Services on and periodically reviews policies relevant to patient care with the Professional Advisory Committee.
- Assists in marketing the Firm and fostering community relations.
- Consults with physicians in matters relating patient care services
- Consults and plans with health care facilities regarding staffing needs
- Evaluates own job performance and utilization of resources in planning for professional growth.
- Participates in state and national organizations, meetings, seminars, workshops and activities relating to the health professions and health care services, when appropriate
Promotes Staff Development
The Alternate Director of Nursing utilizes capabilities of nursing and paraprofessional personnel in the development of orientation and staff educational programs. Recognizes leadership potential and offers opportunities for leadership training and development. Encourages and assists personnel to continue self-improvement through formal education, educational meetings and active participation in professional and related organizations. Assists with interviews and hires select health care services personnel.
- Position is stressful in terms of meeting deadlines.
- It requires minimal lifting of office records and printouts.
- It is primarily a desk job, which essentially involves sitting, standing, stooping and walking as well as an inordinate amount of telephone communication.
- Must be able to read 12 point and larger type.
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing in English is required.
- COMPANY INFORMATION: Has access to all patient medical records, personnel records and patient financial accounts, which may be discussed with management staff.
- A Registered Nurse licensed in New Jersey with education and community health nursing experience and progressive management experience in community health nursing.
- Must have two (2) years of nursing experience, on of which has been preferably community health experience.
- Ability to use PC, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must have & pass a Level II background check.
- Must have current CPR certification
To apply for this job email your details to Info@carerightthere.com